Friday, December 16, 2016


hello there, friend,

i haven't taken the time to do a whole lot of reflecting on this past year. i'm not sure if it's because i feel too busy and overwhelmed with life or because i'm avoiding it. there have been times where this kind of reflection has spurred me to action, but there have also been times where reflection has caused me to feel confusion and shame. and so i'm wondering how to work through these feelings even as i know it's worth my while to pay attention to the lessons this past year has to teach me.

i do know that i've learned more about myself, that i understand a bit more about my personality, how i flourish when i'm at my best, how i turn inward to numb myself and avoid conflict when i'm not. that i crave solitude, connection, white space, laughter and outdoor activity. that i want my actions to be guided by love. that to move ahead i need to continue paying attention to my desires, to my inner voice, and that to hear them i need to be quiet and still.

xo,
b