Friday, January 20, 2017


Hello there, friend,

I've been thinking about Sabbath again, about how I've made some rules about when to work and when to rest but I haven't been intentional about finding delight, which is as much a part of Sabbath as rest. What does it look like to delight? I wonder about this, but not enough. I need to give it more thought. I know I'm not seeking delight so much as stillness and rest.

I came across a quote from poet Luci Shaw that I think embodies a lot of what we've been writing about:
"Though we are often moving too fast to notice it, there is in each of us a profound need to be still, to be alone, to reflect, to meditate, to contemplate, to wait, to reach a bone-deep honesty with our own souls."
Her words reach down deep into my heart, and I plan to keep pressing into this space -- writing and thinking and asking questions. What I need is to nurture my own soul, and if I can figure out how to add delight into the mix, it could turn into something truly life sustaining. I hope that for both of us.

xo,
L