Wednesday, December 21, 2016


Hello there, friend,

This morning, surprisingly, I woke up late. When I heard footsteps downstairs, I rolled over to see it was already 7 o'clock. As you know, this isn't how I like to start my day. By the time I made it to the bathroom, both kids were running up the stairs to find me. I joked, like always, about why they hadn't gotten the coffee started (seriously, when will that happen?), and we were off. So, I am just now sitting to write you, much later than I had planned.

What you say about encouragement is true -- that's why we're here. I think, at the heart of it all, we are all much more alike than different. We might pick apart tiny differences in our lives, but underneath it all we feel the same things: joy, loneliness, doubt, love, fear. The minutiae doesn't matter. We all feel this. So, yes, we are encouraging each other with each letter, with each email, with every comment, with a moment spent connecting. We're all in this, feeling the length and the width of it, and we're not alone. Thank goodness, we're not alone.

xo,
L