Friday, December 2, 2016



hello there, friend,

november was full of the kind of juxtapositions that make up life... joy and pain, gratitude and sorrow, frustration and relief, beauty and brokenness. there were times when i was glad we had taken a break from letter writing and there were times when i wished we were writing.

the practice of gratitude was my anchor for the month... a touchstone that allowed me to notice the small gifts around me and to notice, too, what was going on inside me. like you, there were plenty of times to notice what was going on in my heart and in my head and this made all the difference. i've learned to pay attention to myself, to guard myself when necessary, to nourish myself when i needed to, to stretch myself at times, to let my emotions be what they are... to sit with all of it, uncomfortable or not.

i know there will be more opportunities in the coming month to practice these things. right now i'm most grateful for the way gratitude has led me to pay more attention to myself - to be grateful for who i am, right now where i am.

xo,
b