Wednesday, December 7, 2016


Hello there, friend,

Maybe it's the Christmas season, maybe the craziness leftover from November, but I have found myself drawing more and more to slowness and to the idea of less. Maybe it's a matter of quality over quantity. I've been journaling quite a bit more than usual, asking questions and seeking answers (sometimes only finding more questions). There's something about putting pen to paper that helps me clarify my thoughts. It's like my brain is tangled, but I start writing and the threads are gently pulled apart, one by one, so I can think again.

I used to do this all the time. I'd write down verses and quotes, scribble my thoughts. I thought it was because of school and all of the endless school I'd endured. Turns out, it's not. It's just part of who I am as a writer and reader and thinker. I like that about myself, so I'm making more time for it.

So, I will leave you today with a quote I wrote down the other day, from Oliver Sacks:
My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved. I have given much and been given something in return. Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and adventure.
xo,
L