Thursday, October 27, 2016


Hello there, friend,

This morning I spent some time with a friend and another younger woman who was a new mom. It's funny how seasoned I feel after just a few years of this gig. It's also funny how desperately I wanted to encourage this woman, to tell her that it's so very hard on each and every one of us, that every day is a push or a pull, but that these little people make it all worthwhile. She was feeling discouraged and overwhelmed, and I kept thinking, does this feeling ever go away?

What I know is this: we need other women around us to encourage us. We need people to point to the good and the lovely, to notice not just the beautiful things about our lives but that we are beautiful too. We need people who can see us. What a gift to be able to do that for someone else. What a gift to be able to say, this is my experience and maybe it's yours too. That somehow we can share enough to let someone else to know they're not alone. And that we might not feel quite so alone too.

xo,
L