Friday, September 30, 2016


Hello there, friend,

In the last year, my plate became uncomfortably full. I took on a new job, my other job expanded, and of course we have this project of writing each day. My husband was in school and working two jobs, and my kids, well, just keep getting older. I didn't realize earlier this year how much of my life had become a slog, just marching along trying to hold it all together. I would hold up my life and my decisions against my mantra for the year -- only what matters -- and find a flurry of questions. How do I know what really matters here? 

It's a question I continue to ask, pruning away at my life with faith that new growth will come in due time. And I'm looking around realizing there's more pruning to do, there's more to strip away. There's more nos that will lead to yeses, I just have to get out of the way. I hope against hope to remove the clutter and all voices so I can hear that one quiet voice inside me. It gets crowded away with all of the to-do lists and the expectations. But I'm anxious to hear what it says. Right now, that's what matters.

xo,
L