Thursday, February 9, 2017


Hello there, friend,

I can't really imagine what it will be like when my kids are teenagers. Like you, I can barely imagine next year, though I look forward to it with great anticipation. My son will start kindergarten and both kids will be in school full time. I've been feeling more and more like this parenting thing is speeding up. The first years felt so long, but now we're moving at a good clip.

What I do know is how I felt being a teenager, feeling lost and misunderstood and unloved. I was always trying to find my place in the world, sometimes feeling okay but mostly wondering what was wrong with me. Of course, I don't want that for my children. I want them to know they are loved and precious and safe. I live every day with the hope that that will be enough for them, that they'll grow into adults who feel solid and strong in who they are, and who never question or doubt whether they are loved.

xo,
L